Thursday, April 11, 2013

Photos and a geocache

Today during lunch I went out to take a few pictures.

There was a lot of moss on the trees.

As I was taking this, I kept hearing a rustling sound and half expected something to jump out and bite my face off. Nothing came out and my face is still intact.

This is a tree.

The view from atop a bluff.

It started to rain, but before I left I found something sticking up out of a hollowed out log. A piece of bark lay on top and when I removed it...

Wow! A geocache. I've never seen one before and luckily this one wasn't very well hidden or I probably never would have noticed it.

Inside there was a log that each person who found it could write down their name and the date. There wasn't a pen in it, so I couldn't log my find. It did have a random assortment of other stuff, though. There was a small stuffed animal, a bracelet and some other stuff. Not sure what that was about. Anyway, it was a cool find and sort of made my day.