Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Baby Book Photos, Part 1

While I was at my parent's house I found my old baby photo album (that I hadn't seen in many years) and decided to bring it home to scan some of the photos. It's been a blast to look at, although there have been a few cringe-worthy photos (which will not be seen on this blog, heh) that I could do without.

Here's what I've scanned so far...

I was 3 days old when this picture was taken at the hospital before coming home:


December 7th, 1977, almost three weeks after I was born:


December 26, 1977, a little over a month after I was born. My mom is rockin' some kind of sweater in this picture, but I can't quite figure out what's up with the tree and the person under it:


My Grandpa and Grandma Brackin and my Aunt Anna came to visit:


My 3 month-old picture taken at Sears. Right before the photographer took my picture, I spit up all over the navy blue outfit. My parents were determined to get my picture that day, so they took the outfit into a restroom and washed it by hand and wrung it out and waited for it to dry, then they came back and got this shot:


Easter morning, 1978:


Spring of 1978:


August and September 1978:




My first birthday in November of 1978:



And Christmas. My mom made that stocking and she still has it:




February 1979:


Family snapshot from May, 1979:


This photo was dated from June, 1979, but I'm not sure what the occasion was. That's my grandpa and grandma Nodland's Nova in the background and my uncle Al's Pacer, so it must've been some sort of family get together:


My dad used to take me on bike rides all the time and he would deliberately ride through lawn sprinklers in people's yards as we rode along, getting us soaked. He says that I used to laugh hysterically and insist on riding through the water again. Also, both of the cars in the background were ours and the blue car was brand new. He must've been jumpstarting the old Ford.


OK, back to scanning...