Monday, August 3, 2015

Into August

Uno Stacko!




On Saturday, we took Rose and Emily to stay with my parents for the week and met up in Newton. My parents just got an Impala, so it was good to see them driving a reliable car at last. After lunch and leaving the girls with my folks, we drove around and checked out all the places we used to go so long ago. Ah, memories! The arboretum was still there with the old gazebo and it's interesting to see how little the town has changed. I don't miss living there, though.

We came back home and went out to dinner before the Jim Gaffigan show. Our freedom was so weird and it took us some getting used to! The show was awesome and exceeded my expectations. Ted Alexandro opened the show and he could easily have been the headliner on his own tour, the dude was hilarious. We had never seen him before and I'd definitely like to see him again if he comes back through.


We made good use of our freedom on Sunday and got in a bicycle ride, church, picked up a load of wood so we can have some more fires in the backyard, and then we grilled out. It's been about a year since we last grilled bananas and I think I've almost got it down to a science. So good.

Then we went to our usual spot to watch the sunset:


There was a storm several miles south of town and the cloud formations were fascinating to watch:






I like the way the spectrum of the sunset is reflected in the clouds, even when the sun is no longer visible from the ground:


I'm excited for our week together!