Saturday, October 26, 2013

Uncle Bill's Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend we met my folks at a pumpkin patch near Grinnell. There were goats, corn mazes, a gigantic bouncing air pillow thing, tractor rides, and all the things you would expect to see at a pumpkin patch. They also had a very good magic show there, one of the best I've seen and I'm still not sure how they pulled off some of those tricks. We sat up close to the front and it was a little eerie to watch things levitate and even a person float around with no wires, nothing attached to the ceiling, and nothing visibly holding them up! It was well lit and there were clearly no wires anywhere. I'm still baffled.

Anyway, here are the pictures from that day...











They jumped on a gigantic air pillow deal for a while:




We rode out to the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins. It was cold and windy out there!



Camera wars with my dad:


A selfie of me and Rose. I'm not very good at selfies and this took a few tries. My first couple attempts only caught the tops of our heads. This one is as good as it got: